Thursday, February 28, 2008

Petals, a playdate and dreaming of puddle jumping

They should have been sleeping! Again they pushed till midnight and a painting was not released from the chains in my brain.
It is not like they didn't have a busy day, we jam packed it....here is how it went...well first I will distract you with more pretty flowers.

No it is not my birthday and I am not sick, that I know of.
My sister 'TT' bought flowers and gave me her left overs, cheery!

Now back to how they should have been worn out enough to sleep last night.
We headed out for a lunch play date at BK.


The kids played for nearly two hours while Kami and I babbled away. I sure hope I didn't babble off her ear. I always feel like I talk way too much. It is not that I do not listen, I do, I love to, but I somehow think I do way too much talking, I go on and on and even forget what I was talking about in the middle of it.
That is bad!
However Kami is amazing! She is deep and thoughtful, you cannot help but love her, and she is cute to boot!

And can pull off sweet hats, I wish I could!
I had a great time hanging out and when it was all over we headed back to her place and I got to meet another fellow blogger in the flesh.
She was super sweet too and I look forward to seeing her again. I think that is the cool thing about meeting bloggers, it is like you have a great screening process and you become friends with them and then when you finally meet you already know each other and it is so natural.
This might sound odd like online dating or something, but really it is not.
It is a community and support system thing.
I think.
Anyway, off track again. Since it was now the middle of the afternoon I decided we should keep trecking and skip past the naps all together so we went rubber boot shopping for me.



Decisions!
Once I chose and bought a pair I thought I better go check out one other store and make sure there weren't others I might like more....I always do this. Decision making kills me!
The only issue is that we are on a very tight budget this week so to get them I had to dig into my grocery budget.
If anyone wonders why they didn't get dinner last night....it is my boot's fault.
If there are any questions as to why we are eating ground beef for a week, well, aren't those boots just too cute!
On the way to the next mall naps happened, just for the 15 min car ride so I though that it would be ok, it was only 15 mins!!





I found another pair that I thought were so cute, ack, why!! I just wanted to hate everything else that I saw so my decision would be easier.
Then I actually went into the grocery store...to get a few groceries with what was left of my cash. Of course I found something else,
these cute pots.
I didn't break the budget though, I will go back for them next week.

They will go perfectly with my new spring paint theme.



Since I got new boots and Kaitlyn already has cute bug boots, poor Ethan's looked so plain and lonely so I decided to paint them.
Kaitlyn found her old pair so we could paint together.

By this time it was already late. We struggled to get them down for the night over a few hours. They should have been tired and out by 9 with the day we had but that one little measly nap did us in.
We are on strike against naps today, I am dying to paint. Seems selfish but I need the release and the me time. Otherwise I just might blow a gasket or two.

We are ready to go puddle jumping now though, bring on the melt!




8 comments:

prettyinpink said...

Love your boots Anna! I want those boots! Were they at Walmart? Oh so cute! Very PrettyinPink!

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Oh my heavens! Are those boots at Zellers?

I LOVE them! Maybe I'll get the polka dot ones and we can trade part way though spring ;-)

I had a blast with you and you don't talk too much, it's amazing you get a word in with all my rambling on.

Are we hitting the consignment store next week? Momma needs some now threads?

Wow. Did I just say that?

I am so cool.

The Chatty Housewife said...

I like your choice. I would have had a hard time deciding because they are all very cute. Here in the NW, boots have been all the rage because of all the rain. I still haven't given in and bought a pair. I don't have any skinny pants that would be good for boots.

Anonymous said...

Nice boots!! I can never get my feet into those things for some reason ... I guess my feet are quite wide??

Hope bedtime is earlier tonight and you can paint!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! Food or NEW Boots !!! Who could argue that decision!!!!WOW Lots of love Ponty

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Hey Anna,

I've tagged you for a meme only because I have never had the time to go back in your archives. It would be a quicker post for a night when you can fit in painting and blogging.

I know it will happen!

Hope tonight was better:-)

Family Adventure said...

I adore your boots....where did you buy them???

And the picture of the kids in car sleeping is hilarious :)

Heidi

~*This Mama*~ said...

well I can't HONESTLY say I love your boots. Ummm...cause I don't. Ha. BUT...I'm not girlie so I would probably rather get some plain brown or something. hahaha. Too much pink for me. (don't tell prettyinpink I said that. shhhhh!) ;-)

Email me sometime!